Volunteer Job Description
A Point of Contact is: an agent of connection; someone who has a direct and/or indirect connection to the following areas within their county of residence:
- Individual Base
- Faith Community
- For Profit Business Sector
- County Government
- Education System
- Civic Organization/Public Service Groups/Volunteer Organizations
A Point of Contact:
- Establishes relationships with the above as a representative of Boxes With A Purpose with the purpose of:
- Spreading awareness about the mission of Boxes With A Purpose.
- Engaging individuals, organizations, and groups to unite together with fellow West Virginians by filling Christmas Eve Fun Boxes, and volunteering in a variety of capacities to help ensure the success of the campaign.
- Develops informal partnerships between the above entities (1-6) and Boxes With A Purpose.
- Promotes the campaign on their personal social media accounts and on their local county’s public community pages by sharing Boxes With A Purpose‘s social media communications throughout the campaign year, as well as personally endorsing the campaign.
- Secures a minimum of three drop-off locations within the county.
- Maintains contact with drop locations and picks up boxes as necessary throughout the campaign.
- Recruits, from within their county of residence, volunteers to deliver completed boxes to central location in Barbour County, WV. Once the boxes arrive at the central location, they will be inspected, sorted, and distributed to our partnering agencies. Our partnering agencies will then distribute the boxes to children in foster care throughout the partnered 44 counties in WV.
- Coordinates deliveries of boxes and delivery volunteers from the campus community, helping to ensure that boxes are delivered to the central sort location prior to inspection day.
- Share connections, resources, etc. that you may have on other campuses with your fellow Point of Contact volunteer(s) and/or committee representative.
- Communicate weekly (or more if needed) with committee representative.